Members of UKAEL enjoy lectures, conferences and other events where they debate and discuss current European law issues.
Membership is open to:
- Members of the Judiciary in the UK
- European Court of Justice
- Barristers, advocates and solicitors called or admitted within the UK (whether practising or not)
- Teachers of law at universities/colleges in the UK
- The holder of any degree in law (but if conferred outside the UK only if holder is already resident in UK)
- Such other persons, bodies or institutions as the Committee of Management of the Association may consider to be in the interests of the Association to admit to membership of the Association
If you wish to apply for membership of UKAEL, please download the Membership brochure with the application form at the bottom of this page and return to: Andrea Cordwell James, UKAEL, School of Law, King's College London, Strand, London WC2R 2LS
An annual subscription of £30 is due in January each year. Individual members are asked to pay by Standing Order. The student membership rate (for full time students only) is £10 per year.
Our members enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Discounts and priority booking for all of our events
- Member rate at the biennial FIDE Congress
- An invitation to the UKAEL Annual General Meeting
- Opportunities to study and discuss European Union Law with leading academics and practitioners